Private equity and corporate mergers & acquisitions
Due diligence and transactional services that protect your investment
Protecting the investment of equity and intellectual capital in a venture or merger is a complex task. That’s why our highly skilled insurance advisors work as an extension of your organization’s M&A team to provide best-in-class risk and insurance due diligence services that add value throughout the lifecycle of a deal.
Risk and insurance due diligence lower the level of uncertainty in a transaction. To help buyers obtain a clearer picture of the value of all liabilities and assets being acquired, we:
- Reviewing policies to identify gaps in coverage and the extent to which policy deductibles or retentions will affect the quality of earnings
- Replacing a deficient program with broader coverage or a more optimal program structure
- Identifying the potential cost savings or increases in the pro forma insurance expense when improvement to a program is needed
- Enhancing an existing insurance program by implementing the recommendations highlighted during due diligence
- Providing Representations & Warranties coverage
- Identifying new and innovative ways to mitigate risks associated with corporate transactions
Why clients partner with NSM
“We have a long-standing relationship with NSM for both pre-closing diligence and post-closing insurance brokerage services. We have found them to be a trusted member of our advisory team and lean on them for their expertise with our new opportunities and for our existing portfolio companies.”
Private equity and corporate M&A practice
Our highly skilled M&A advisors provide strategic risk and insurance due diligence advisory services to private equity firms and client organizations.